Manager of First ImpressionsResponsible for managing the first impression individuals experience when interfacing with both our Companies, and ensuring the DeLeers Construction and Joseph A. Interiors commitment to providing quality customer service is met at all times. This includes being the initial contact with customers; both walk-ins and on the phone; maintaining the office appearance and performing a wide variety of administrative and office support duties for multiple people and departments within both companies in order to ensure day-to-day business functions flow smoothly.
ADMINISTRATIVE/FRONT DESK DUTIES:
- Provides wide variety of administrative/organizational assistance to all departments when needed.
- Answers main phone lines for DCI & JAI, politely requesting call information, being a friendly resource for all incoming callers.
- Greets all customers/Trade partners at the door by name (if known), offers them a beverage &/or snacks, prompts appropriate team member customer has arrived and brings them to a conference room if appropriate.
- Ensures the lobby is clutter free and presentable at all times.
- Manages visitor login sheets for evacuation purposes and prints blank ones when needed.
- Retrieves all general voicemail messages and determines appropriate course of action to respond to messages.
- Works with outside I.T./Phone system vendor (CCCP) on current year Holiday Schedule for ShoreTel.
- Sets Holiday Schedule for current that year in the Access Door System.
- Oversees all mail duties (applying postage, delivering mail to box by 9:15, retrieving mail from box by 12:00, sorting and distributing by 2:00).
- Maintains the postage machine (adding postage, filling & ordering liquid tape).
- Processes UPS shipments and coordinate drop-off/pickup with Shipping & Receiving Coordinator
- Distributes all packages delivered to the front desk.
- Distribute faxes when necessary.
- Conducts price checks, does all ordering of, organizes, and distributes office supplies.
- Manages Coffee area/station (ordering, restocking and cleaning).
- Manages outside cleaning vendor relationship. Prints off cleaning checklists and reviews checklist to make sure cleaning was completed and communicates comments from cleaning company.
- Downloads pictures from cameras when needed.
- Creates documents/forms/templates/labels when requested.
- Scans various documents and drawings when requested.
- Serves as a key resource to assist with basic computer problems, and contacts CCCP when needed.
- Answers questions and helps trouble shoot office equipment problems (copier, fax, etc.).
- Maintains all office equipment by working with outside vendors when needed.
- Maintains records and vendor contact on all office equipment.
- Answers basic office phone questions and assists with problem solving.
- Manages and organizes WPDOCS (make sure there aren't random files & folders floating around).
- Manages customer keys.
- Manages laptops and projector check-in/out.
- Sets up cellphones and scans cellphone service agreements. Sets up laptops and projectors for meetings when needed.
- Updates and distributes company phone list as needed.
- Emails Trade partner price increases or special announcements to all office employees when necessary.
- Books hotel rooms and flights for employees when requested.
- Acts as primary coordinator for all Company Events and Company Meetings (in conjunction with HR).
- Coordinates all employee jobsite and office summer cookouts and other employee appreciation/treats events, creates announcement, posters and email communications.
- Creates, assembles, distributes company newsletter.
- Collects, records and posts “Way To Deliver” appreciation notes.
- Sends cards, orders flowers or gets gifts for employees’ families’ funerals, weddings, births, etc.
- Assistants with new employee orientations.
- Coordinates and manages all employee clothing ordering.
- Assists in coordinating Thanksgiving Baskets/Cards as needed.
- Fills out Prequalification Forms as needed.
- Makes copies of employment application forms and keeps readily available at front desk for job applicants.
- Checks email@example.com email.
ACCOUNTING ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES:
- Checks accounting mailbox in the Warehouse for receipts/supporting documents; process receipts and give accounting all supporting documents.
- Opens all invoices from the mail and give to accounting Coordinator (date stamp – JAI ONLY)
- Completes AP check run; stuff checks for mailing
- Scans all invoices from mail and apc@deleers in box into Timberscan and code to route – DCI ONLY
- Scans and file all credit card receipts (Menards and Associated Bank)
- Sets up new trade partners in address book and AP module
- Requests/updates/scans paperwork for subcontractor prequalification process
- Collects, fills out form and mails in Menards rebates (received rebate checks in mail are put in Jim’s top desk drawer)
- Scans, updates and requests W-9 form from vendors
- Clears and scans lien waivers (daily during billing)
- Enters direct cost of inventory in Timberline
- Assists with 1099 preparation
PROJECT MANAGEMENT ASSISTANCE DUTIES:
- Timberline Address Book: sets up new companies and contacts, making updates/revisions, calling for missing information.
- Contract Management: Collects incoming signed contracts (Sub-agreements, PO's, change orders), scan and save signed contract into job folder.
- Contract Management: Stamps PM signature, emails to sub/vendor, records as received in TL.
- Helps assembling project close-out binders (O&M Manuals).
- Moves closed electronic project files to appropriate drive when needed.
- Prints and downloads plans and specs.
- Makes follow up phone calls to subs after invite to bids are sent out from ISqFt list.
- Scans quotes into shared project folder.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with training activities; reserving rooms, preparation of training materials and presentation materials.
- Participates in company training programs and attends authorized external conferences or seminars as required to keep current in company and industry standards and operating procedures.
- Performs any special assignments, additional projects, or other job-related duties as may be necessary to carry out the responsibilities of this position as required by management.
WORK RELATIONSHIPS AND SCOPE:
Works closely with all internal team members and departments. Interacts as an essential part of the DeLeers Construction, Inc. and Joseph A. Interiors team to increase efficiency and profit through accountability (internal and external); taking ownership; good communication; quality; flexibility; customer focus (internal and external); and building positive relationships.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum of an associate’s degree in business or related field, and/or preferably at least two years’ experience in an administrative role.
- Previous experience operating a multi-line telephone system and working in a customer centric environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Skilled in PC usage and associated software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access). Must possess the ability to effectively learn new computer programs/software.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required, including the ability to plan, prioritize, and organize work effectively; work effectively and efficiently under pressure and time deadlines; analyze problems (not just symptoms); propose reasonable solutions, make logical decisions, carry-out decisions made, and follow up with feedback where appropriate.
- Must be reliable, self-motivated and independent, able to work effectively with minimum supervision, and multi-task between administrative, operational and customer contact activities.
- Must be achievement-driven and possess the initiative to proactively approach problem solving. Possess the ability to work diplomatically under stressful conditions and pressure.
Work is performed primarily in an office environment; however, on rare occasions some time will be spent in the production area with shop employees where a minimal exposure to injury exists. Hours of work will generally be during regular business hours. There will be some variation in work hours due to project work levels, deadlines, and other customer issues.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and rarely lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Contact for more info and to apply.