Shipping/Receiving CoordinatorResponsible for obtaining project materials and internal stock in an efficient and cost-effective manner, according to schedule and production requirements. The Shipping and Receiving Coordinator will be expected to provide necessary purchasing information for production scheduling purposes and to keep all material purchases and receipts on track and within process.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates all Joseph A. Interiors company vehicles and trailers repairs and maintenance; including oil changes, keeps vehicles clean; maintains accurate vehicle maintenance logs.
- Manages Joseph A. Interiors company vehicles, keys and calendar.
- Oversees and maintains all shop inventories; leftover stock; updating and resets rack spaces and shipping straps and blankets.
- Communicates with Custom Builders and Paint/Finishing Department to understand what is anticipated with regard to shipping needs.
- Coordinates all major shop tools including regular/preventive maintenance and/or replacement as needed.
- Monitors and fills LP tanks for forklifts.
- Performs daily forklift inspections.
- Delivers, stores and picks up stock material, hardware, products, and other supplies at job sites as needed.
- Schedules and sets up shipping and deliveries for Joseph A. Interiors.
- Tracks and reports weekly percentage of on-time shipment performance.
- Repairs and maintains Joseph A. Interiors equipment and maintains shop facilities.
- Places order for foam, card board and corrugated rolls from vendor as well as station supplies and soap for wash station.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in company training programs as required to keep current in company and industry standards and operating procedures.
- Participates as a member of the company safety committee and directly enforces all company and customer-required jobsite safety policies and procedures. Addresses any safety concerns and/or issues directly with employees.
- Ensures that proper safety and incident reporting procedures in the shop are followed, brings any safety problems to the attention of the Production Manager or HR Director.
- Performs any special assignments or projects as requested by the Production Manager or other members of management.
- Responsible for weekly and monthly safety inspections.
- Ensures fire extinguishers and exits remain clear at all times.
- Checks daily/weekly stock of all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Facilitates new hire safety orientations and responsible for PPE handout.
- Answer questions on vehicle schedules, available bay space and location and inventory of stock.
- Keeps all sidewalks and shipping doors clear of snow/ice, and any other debris.
- Ensure all company policies and procedures are followed at all times as they are outlined in the Joseph A. Interiors Employee Handbook.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- At least 1 year of experience in manufacturing or related environment.
- Previous inventory control or stockroom experience, including usage of purchase orders and delivery tickets.
- Working knowledge of the basic materials used in the production of woodwork and casework.
- Ability to safely operate hand power tools and all basic wood working machinery.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and the ability to learn other specialized industry software as needed.
- Basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Demonstrated ability to communicate orally or in written form effectively with co-workers, customers and vendors as well. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must have passion for continuous improvement.
- Strong communication and organizational skills required, including the ability to plan, prioritize, and organize work effectively; work effectively and efficiently under pressure and time deadlines; multi-task and be able to frequently jump from one assignment to another; analyze problems (not just symptoms); propose reasonable solutions, make logical decisions, carry-out decisions made, and follow up with feedback where appropriate.
- Ability to effectively operate computer by entering tracking information, read and respond to emails and phone calls and navigate to research information.
- Must possess the ability to direct and cooperate with a variety of other people. Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, and complete daily activities according to established work schedule. Must be able to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Working knowledge of how to load trucks safely and protect product in transit.
- Working knowledge of shipping and receiving processes.
- Ability to read drawings and schedules.
- Must hold, or be able to obtain a valid and appropriate state driver’s license prior to employment.
Contact for more info and to apply.